Terms + Conditions
Participation in any DOCARE sponsored opportunity is a free and voluntary act.
All risks and expenses as a result of participating in global health outreach are assumed by the participant which include but are not limited to the following:
- Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials where ability to access immediate treatment may be limited
- Personal injury such as accidents inherent to travel in motorized vehicles
- Sickness including exposure to endemic infectious disease
Medical and evacuation insurance is required for all participants with a minimum coverage level of $500,000 and is to include repatriation if necessary. In addition, cancellation insurance is recommended though not required.
Travel to and presence in a foreign country will expose participants to potential risks of disease, injury, and physical and emotional harm, including death, that would not otherwise be exposed to.
DOCARE is not a travel advisory service. It is the responsibility of each participant to review information from the U.S. State Department and other organizations regarding the travel risks involved for the host country.
Laws of the host country will apply, and participants will be subject to the host country's jurisdiction.
Participants bear full legal and financial responsibility for themselves including responsibility for all indebtedness or other legal obligations incurred by them while participating in global health outreach.
DOCARE shall have the right to require any participant to withdraw from a global health outreach opportunity if it is determined in DOCARE's sole discretion that the participant's ongoing involvement may be detrimental to the individual, others, or to DOCARE International.
By applying for a DOCARE opportunity (including but not limited to a DOCARE sponsored Global Health Outreach Trip or Rotation), the participant release, forever discharge, and agree to hold harmless DOCARE International, its directors, officers, agents, employees, and clinic staff and employees from any and all liability, claims, or demands for personal injury, sickness, or death, as well as property damages and expenses, of any nature whatsoever which may be incurred by the participant in connection with or resulting from participation in DOCARE sponsored global health outreach opportunities.
DOCARE requires that all participants be current Members. Membership fees allow us to support clinics, provide free continuity of care to patients who need it, and ensure the safety and well-being of our volunteers. If you are not already a Member, we encourage you to join today!
COVID-19 Travel Policy
All Trip Participants (Attending Physicians, Students, Volunteers, etc.) will comply with the following:
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC guidelines at the time of departure for the trip.
- Shall not travel if feeling ill or having been ill in the weeks preceding travel.
- Must comply with CDC guidelines for travel if recently COVID-19 positive or symptomatic.
- Must have access to PPE (masks: surgical/N95/KN95; disposable gowns, gloves, hand sanitizer). Participant is responsible to determine who will provide this, and precisely what is required at the time of the trip.
- Must comply with PPE the recommendations of the location of the trip as well as USA guidelines, following the more inclusive guidelines.
- Will adhere to rigorous sanitation practices at all times.
- Shall be responsible to monitor for current travel advisories.
- Must travel with vaccination documentation at all times.
- Are required to obtain medical and evacuation insurance with a minimum of $500,000 coverage to include care and accommodations for COVID-19 related illness. This must include medical care that may extend past the trip termination date in the event departure is delayed for care/isolation at conclusion of the trip.
- Be responsible for isolation expenses if required during or at trip conclusion.